One of the most powerful ways in which an individual can grow spiritually is in a small group setting. We invite you to further explore how a small group can be an important and impactful part of your Christian life. At Light of Christ, we refer to small groups as GROW GROUPS.
Through GROW GROUPS, we strive to have:
DEEP TRANSFORMATION: Spiritual growth and relationship with God. This comes by the renewing of the mind by praying, reading and studying God’s Word. This will help Christians become solid in their faith, righteous in their actions, and ‘salt & light’ in a desperate world.
MULTIPLICATION: Growing the number of believers and groups. We must reach those who will reach others. Lead through study as well as praying for participants, potential participants, and for others to lead.
INTIMATE FELLOWSHIP: Relational caring for one another. “For where 2 or 3 gather in My name, I am there among them.” (Matthew 18:20) Intimate fellowship with others will help to foster a Christ-like transformation.
Click below to register or learn more:
- Discover Light of Christ – Offered as a “starting point”, a way to learn more about LOC’s beliefs, vision, and mission, and to find out how to plug in at Light of Christ. This is suggested as the first grow group to join. Offered 4 times a year. Meets right after church on Sundays for 4 weeks. Contact Pastor Marianne – email@example.com
- Disciple Fast Track – 24 week Bible study offered Sundays on an as needed basis. Read 70% of the Bible with daily reading. Leaders: Lisa Ballard – firstname.lastname@example.org / Alan Elston – email@example.com . Requires Disciple One Bible study workbook or download the e-book from Cokesbury.
- Men of Light– This group of men meets every other Saturday morning, 7:30-9:00am, at Chick-Fil-A Stonecrest. Facilitators: Tim Cheek – firstname.lastname@example.org / Kyle Romanat – email@example.com
- Women’s Bible Study- These women meet Thursday mornings, 9:30-11:30am, at LOC during the school year. Facilitator Dina Feiden – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Upper Room Grow Group– Meets Thursdays 11:30am-12:30pm at Stonecrest’s Dean and Deluca. Study topics vary. Facilitator Sarah Johnson – email@example.com
- Daniel Plan Grow Group – Bible-based wellness study, related to Faith, Food, Fitness, Focus, and Friends. Offered 1-2 times per year. Facilitator is Pam Hodgin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ignite Youth Grow Groups – Middle School and Senior High Grow Groups meet on Sunday mornings. Middle Schoolers meet at LOC in Room 101 at 9:00am, and Senior Highs meet at the Stonecrest Starbucks at 9:00am, then carpool over to the church for worship services. Contact Pastor Ri¢h Guinto – email@example.com
Journey Grow Group– Meets Sunday evenings, Facilitators Shonn and Allycia Brown – firstname.lastname@example.org
Joy Seekers Grow Group– Meets every other Monday evening. Contact Fred Longietti – email@example.com
Church-wide Studies – Offered in conjunction with sermon series 1-2 times per year. We are encouraged to join a grow group to dig deeper into the study. Perfect time to join a short-term grow group, and some become ongoing grow groups. Several facilitators each time these studies are offered.
Top Ten Events of the Bible – Are you new to the Bible? Do you need a refresher regarding Bible knowledge? Are you a believer but shaky on the facts? This is the Grow Group for you! Offered 5 Sundays in a row after church, 1-2 times each year. Contact Pastor Marianne – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacred Rhythms – Discover spiritual disciplines to help you grow your relationship with God in this 6 week study. Offered 1-2 times per year by leader Denise Hembree – email@example.com
If you need help connecting, feel free to reach out to our Grow Group coordinator,
Lisa Ballard – firstname.lastname@example.org