One of the most powerful ways in which an individual can grow spiritually is in a small group setting. We invite you to further explore how a small group can be an important and impactful part of your Christian life. At Light of Christ, we refer to small groups as GROW GROUPS.
Through GROW GROUPS, we strive to have:
DEEP TRANSFORMATION: Spiritual growth and relationship with God. This comes by the renewing of the mind by praying, reading and studying God’s Word. This will help Christians become solid in their faith, righteous in their actions, and ‘salt & light’ in a desperate world.
MULTIPLICATION: Growing the number of believers and groups. We must reach those who will reach others. Lead through study as well as praying for participants, potential participants, and for others to lead.
INTIMATE FELLOWSHIP: Relational caring for one another. “For where 2 or 3 gather in My name, I am there among them.” (Matthew 18:20) Intimate fellowship with others will help to foster a Christ-like transformation.
Saturday Morning Co-ed Group
currently meeting online Kyle Romanat and Donny Miller at 9am on Saturday mornings. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more info.
- Discover Light of Christ – Offered as a “starting point”, a way to learn more about LOC’s beliefs, vision, and mission, and to find out how to plug in at Light of Christ. This is suggested as the first grow group to join. Offered 4 times a year. Meets right after church on Sundays for 4 weeks. Contact Pastor Marianne – email@example.com
- Disciple Fast Track – 24 week Bible study offered Sundays on an as needed basis. Read 70% of the Bible with daily reading. Leader: Lisa Ballard – firstname.lastname@example.org. Requires Disciple One Bible study workbook or download the e-book from Cokesbury.
- Sisters in Christ Grow Group- These women meet Thursday mornings, 9am-11am, at LOC during the school year. Facilitator Donna Rowe – email@example.com
- The Upper Room Grow Group– Meets Thursdays 11:30am-12:30pm at Light of Christ. Study topics vary. Facilitator Sarah Johnson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seekers Grow Group-This co-ed group meets on Sundays at 3:00pm online. Facilitator is Nina Shehan – email@example.com
Journey Grow Group– Meets Sunday evenings, Facilitators Shonn and Allycia Brown –firstname.lastname@example.org
Joy Seekers Grow Group– Meets every other Monday evening. Contact Fred Longietti – email@example.com
Church-wide Studies – Offered in conjunction with sermon series 1-2 times per year. We are encouraged to join a grow group to dig deeper into the study. Perfect time to join a short-term grow group, and some become ongoing grow groups. Several facilitators each time these studies are offered.
Top Ten Events of the Bible – Are you new to the Bible? Do you need a refresher regarding Bible knowledge? Are you a believer but shaky on the facts? This is the Grow Group for you! Offered 5 Sundays in a row after church, 1-2 times each year. Contact Pastor Marianne – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacred Rhythms – Discover spiritual disciplines to help you grow your relationship with God in this 6 week study. Offered 1-2 times per year by leader Denise Hembree – email@example.com
If you need help connecting, feel free to reach out to our Grow Group coordinator,
Donna Rowe – firstname.lastname@example.org